On Monday, 15 February 2021 at 20:51:53 UTC, Maksim wrote:
Thanks for answer, Adam. I lost the key word "adjacent".

yeah, you aren't the only one, I think the docs should call it more more illustratively with an example or something too.

The reason why it is designed this way is just to get minimum cost - this is the simplest thing that can be useful so you don't pay for a sort you don't need. But then if you do need it, gotta do it yourself. (And sort requires an array to put the results into, so if you pass it an array it will just mutate the existing one, and if it isn't passed an array, again it does the bare minimum work it can to be useful, so it may fail compile and you must allocate one yourself. Just a couple other things to keep your eyes open for as you explore the library.)