On Friday, 5 March 2021 at 05:42:03 UTC, evilrat wrote:
On Friday, 5 March 2021 at 05:31:38 UTC, Jack wrote:
The following code returns a memory error. I did notice it did happens whenever I did a memory allocation. Is this not possible in the descontrutor? if so, why?

GC prohibits allocation during collection, since this dtor is likely called by GC this is what happens.

If you REALLY need this just allocate using other mechanisms.

I didn't know that, it seems even if I use other allocation mechanism there's no guarantee the deconstructor will be called so it seems the native descontrutor will not be of help at all