On 4/6/21 12:55 PM, Alain De Vos wrote:
I have one very large text table I want to work with.
But I don't want to keep de table in memory, what do I use ?
Using an sql database is overkill in my setting.
There are 10 colums but millions of rows.

Jon Degenhardt of eBay uses D in similar ways with tsv-utils. He has good documentation here:

  https://github.com/eBay/tsv-utils

I have a feeling one of his tools may already be useful to you. :)

Personally, I would just parse the file line-by-line, potentially filtering, meanwhile building an array or an associative array and use the data from there.

Ali