On Thursday, 10 June 2021 at 19:06:42 UTC, Tejas wrote:

But how scalable will this be? We have to get real D code to enrich our ambiguously-defined-small ecosystem.

It says bindings generator, but it has to convert the code keeping the semantic as close as possible.

It does direct translation on AST level (AST-to-source currently), there is quirks here and there, semantic discrepancies(for example sizeof/alignof differs in D vs C++), lack of struct inheritance and multiple inheritance, and other annoying stuff like implicit casts or implicit constructors, but overall this should work.

Definitely better than doing it all by hand.
I tried to run it on clang, phew, got 241k lines, and that's without .cpp files. Haven't even bothered with fixing it to compilable state (even then it will definitely have linking issues).