On Friday, 23 July 2021 at 20:24:02 UTC, Jim wrote:
Hello,

I've been playing with D and trying to understand how to work with @nogc. I must be doing something wrong, because even though I tagged the destructor for my class `@nogc`, I'm getting the following error: `.\min.d(27): Error: "@nogc" function "D main" cannot call non-@nogc function "object.destroy!(true, TestClass).destroy`

```D
import std.stdio : printf;
import core.lifetime : emplace;
import core.stdc.stdlib : malloc, free;

class TestClass {
    int x;

    this(int x) @nogc {
        printf("TestClass's constructor called\n");
        this.x = x;
    }

    ~this() @nogc {
        printf("TestClass's destructor called\n");

@nogc void
main() {
    auto size = __traits(classInstanceSize, TestClass);
    auto memory = malloc(size)[0..size];
    TestClass x = emplace!(TestClass)(memory, 1);

    printf("TestClass.x = %d\n", x.x);

    destroy(x);
    free(cast(void*)x);
}

```

What is the problem here? Should I not call `destroy`? If so, what should I call instead?

You can call function like `destroy` with right attributes for class variable if you known exact type of the class (no base class referece or interface):

https://github.com/atilaneves/automem/blob/master/source/automem/utils.d