On Wednesday, 25 August 2021 at 14:52:34 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

I think it's possible to work with some mechanics that aren't necessarily desirable. Something like:

One has to weigh how much this is preferred to actual exception handling...

If something like DIP1008 could become usable, it might alleviate even the need for such things.

-Steve

DIP1008 is a nice step forward, but I think sometimes explicit error handling is nicer, and especially with C interop and concurrency (like vibe.d tasks) `nothrow` is pretty good to have.