On Thursday, 2 September 2021 at 16:20:32 UTC, Vinod K Chandran wrote:
Hi all,
I am playing with ddoc. I wrote this code--
```d
import std.stdio : log = writeln;

void main() {
    log("Experimenting with dDoc");
}

/// A sample function.
/// Let's check what we will get in documentation.
/// abc - A simple string
void sample(string abc) {log(abc);}
```
And then, compile it with "-D" switch. At first, I saw an html file is generated. But I deleted it and compiled again. This time, no html file is generated. What's wrong with this ?

What commands are you running? What you describe doing, works:

```
$ cat file.d
import std.stdio : log = writeln;

void main() {
        log("Experimenting with dDoc");
}

/// A sample function.
/// Let's check what we will get in documentation.
/// abc - A simple string
void sample(string abc) {log(abc);}

$ dmd -D file

$ w3m -dump file.html|grep -A1 function
A sample function. Let's check what we will get in documentation. abc - A
    simple string

$ rm -fv file.html
removed 'file.html'

$ dmd -D file

$ w3m -dump file.html|grep -A1 function
A sample function. Let's check what we will get in documentation. abc - A
    simple string
$
```