On Tuesday, 7 September 2021 at 17:47:15 UTC, james.p.leblanc wrote:
What I mean by "dig out" the needed "x" is: if I could alias/enum/ or someother trick be then able just to use that "x" as a simple static array.

You might be able to just cast the struct to a static array of the same size if the types are all compatible. Like a reinterpret cast of the raw memory kind of idea.

struct A {
        int a;
        int b;
}

void main() {
        A a;
        int[2] as_array = cast(int[2]) a;
}

That works. But idk if it will help with your alignment issue, I don't know much about avx at all.

Thanks again, Keep Warm in Upstate!

It has actually been kinda nice the last few days!

Winter coming soon though, sigh.