On Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 18:38:34 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
Your experience is not typical though (clearly, as many of us long-time D users had no idea why it was happening).

Oh, yeah - I have special trait of bumping against
various low probability things :)

But for sure if this turns you off, I can understand how it can be too frustrating to learn the new rules.

Show me these rules!
Always use an object at the end of a function?
Make a second reference to an object somewhere on the heap?
The 'problem' here is that there is no clear rule.
Any reasonable 'hack' will do.