On Sunday, 3 October 2021 at 22:21:45 UTC, Tim wrote:
Hi all,

I am currently using GDB within VScode with the -gc DMD2 compiler switch and my debugging is not amazing. Whenever I inspect a struct/object it just shows me the pointer rather than the object information and strings come up as a gross array of the characters. Does anybody happen to know whether LDB is better or how I can have a nicer debug environment?

Thanks in advance

Might be something for Iain to weigh in one when it comes to GDC specifically but the non-dmd compilers generate better debug info.