On Tuesday, 26 October 2021 at 13:43:36 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 10/26/21 2:32 AM, bauss wrote:
On Monday, 25 October 2021 at 22:38:38 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
On Monday, 25 October 2021 at 20:50:40 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 10/24/21 8:00 AM, Selim Ozel wrote:

It turns out my computer was literally running out of memory as the file was getting unzipped. For some reasonĀ  to uncompress a 1-gig file with uncompressed size of 4-gig, Zip Archive of D-Lang tries to use more than 16 gig of RAM. I don't know why. Maybe I missed something. I use a Windows 10, DMD v2.091 with x86_mscoff.

Wait, x86 is 32-bit. Max address space is 4GB. So maybe it was just trying to use 4GB and running out of memory?

-Steve

Good catch, but still, should it use so much memory?

Definitely not. It shouldn't use a lot of memory when unzipping as it should be done in chunks!

You guys aren't getting it:

```
ubyte[] expand(ArchiveMember de);
Decompress the contents of a member.
Fills in properties extractVersion, flags, compressionMethod, time, crc32, compressedSize, expandedSize, expandedData[], name[], extra[].
```

Where is it supposed to store that `ubyte[]`?

-Steve

It's not supposed, but a new implementation can utilize something like a stream.