On 11/1/21 9:03 PM, pascal111 wrote:
On Monday, 1 November 2021 at 21:32:21 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

Joking aside

This function seems smart and flexible and higher than my current level, I'll study it.

Please please, do NOT study this code. It is bad all around. Ali should know better ;)

He is joking with the code posted, it should not be used in any real code ever. Not only is it corrupting memory, it may not work as expected in all cases (and will randomly fail).

Please learn first how memory works before writing the low-level bits of arrays!

As a beginner, I suggest studying what a buffer overrun is, and why it is bad.

-Steve