On Thursday, 2 December 2021 at 14:53:31 UTC, D Lark wrote:
On Thursday, 2 December 2021 at 14:47:17 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
This is why it's generally frowned upon to revive old threads: the information they contain is often out of date, and potentially misleading to anyone who reads them without looking carefully at the timestamps.

[1]: https://phobos.dpldocs.info/std.range.tee.1.html
[2]: https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/1965

I had see the std.range.tee, but it does not appear to me to be the same as itertools.tee. I think with std.range.tee you get an input range and an output range out of an input range. With python's itertool.tee you get two or more input ranges from an input range (hence my claim earlier that it sort of simulates forwardRange.save).

Even in the present day, it seems there still exists a misconception. **Beyond the name there is not much similarity between the two, so I think my question is still valid**.

Because it does not seem like that from the tone of responses I have gotten: I did my due diligence, I believe, before posting my original reply to the old question. I had looked at the docs and also searched the forum. There is no need for the patronizing tone you have taken.