On Saturday, 26 February 2022 at 22:25:46 UTC, Chris Piker wrote:
Hi D

I'm trying out the vibe.d framework for the first time and it looks like many of the functions mutate some hidden global state. Take for example `listenTCP`. To help me build a mental picuture of the framework I'd like to see what global state is mutated, but for the life of me I can't even find the source code to listenTCP(). The obvious method of:
```bash
git clone g...@github.com:vibe-d/vibe.d.git
cd vibe.d
grep -R -n listenTCP
```
returns many instances where listenTCP is used, but none that look like a definition. It's quite possible I just overlooked it, or maybe it's implemented as a mixin or something weird like that.

Anyway if someone can just help me find the source code to listenTCP inside vibe.d I'd be grateful.

Thanks for your time,

https://dlang.org/spec/traits.html#getLocation can be a bruteforce approach to this question when dealing with a new codebase.