On Monday, 28 March 2022 at 21:10:47 UTC, Sai wrote:
FWIW, DWT which uses native controls on windows can show transparent pngs and also both image & text at the same time. However I had to add the following app.exe.manifest

Yeah, this tells me they used owner-drawn buttons, which is only supported if you use version 6 controls. The version 6 controls are nice btw even if you don't use this specific feature, they also come with automatic theme support and a few other nice things. I actually recommend in the docs that you use this for simpledisplay/minigui applications too, just then you also need to provide a draw method to do the text+image.

It isn't hard to do, about a dozen lines for this basic case that you can just opt into and use the default draw for other cases.

I was thinking about adding one of those anyway (another nice thing you can do is change the background color), I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

Keep an eye on this thread, if I do, I'll let you know.