On Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 14:14:59 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On Sunday, 1 May 2022 at 12:39:08 UTC, Elfstone wrote:

Great, I'm using the constraint, until it's fixed.
Will it be fixed though? The DIP that Tejas linked is from 2020!!!

The DIP was postponed. I can contact the author to see if he intends to pick it up again. If not, anyone interested can take it over. And anyone can submit an alternative at any time.

Thanks. This breaks a lot of things. I don't know the reason behind the postponing, but who would expect one can't declare a parameter with an alias if it's a template?! Speaking of inconsistency. I'm sure there are bigger issues out there to be solved, but it's quite disencouraging if such a significant improvement(or rather fix) stays ignored.

----
I just recently started investing my spare time in D, rewriting something I wrote in C++, because the first look at D was really nice. I ran into quite a few problems and have questioned the design here and there. Fortunately (and unfortunately), this so far is the biggest issue I've run into. For now, I think I'll keep doing what I have being doing, hoping D will suit my purpose. Then I can invest more.