On Thursday, 12 May 2022 at 11:50:59 UTC, Alain De Vos wrote:
Some keywords are overloaded and have different meaning when used in a different place. Also some syntactic-sugar is way to much meaning too many different ways to do the same thing. I would prefer one way which is advised.

`ptr1 is ptr2` VS `is(T==U)` is ok even if the keyword is reused for two different things.

Problem is more (from https://dlang.org/spec/expression.html#is_expression)

```
is ( Type : TypeSpecialization , TemplateParameterList )
is ( Type == TypeSpecialization , TemplateParameterList )
is ( Type Identifier : TypeSpecialization , TemplateParameterList ) is ( Type Identifier == TypeSpecialization , TemplateParameterList )
```

I never remember those variants, because basically you never need them...
They were required for std.traits and that's it.