On 2011-03-21 18:40:07 +0100, Steven Schveighoffer said:

If you looked and couldn't find it, it doesn't hurt to add it. Worst case -- it gets marked as a duplicate.

OK. Perhaps I should just start doing that, rather than asking here about every bug I find. (I seem to come across new ones every day ;-)

Note that typedef is eventually going to be deprecated. I'd suggest using alias unless you have a need to force uints not to be castable to oid_t.

Ah. That sort of makes the bug a bit less relevant :->

Actually, the typedef *was* to prevent that casting, because I inadvertently used an uint that was of a semantically different kind, and got a hard-to-spot bug -- so I thought I'd try to prevent that by using the type system.

Any way to do that without (to be deprecated) typedef?

--
Magnus Lie Hetland
http://hetland.org