On Tuesday, 17 May 2022 at 06:28:10 UTC, cc wrote:
On Monday, 16 May 2022 at 15:08:15 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
For anything performance-related, I don't even look at dmd, I use LDC all the way. DMD is only useful for fast compile-run-debug cycle, I don't even look at performance numbers for DMD-produced executables, it doesn't mean anything to me.

According to the dlang.org wiki entry for LDC:

druntime/Phobos support is most likely lacking (and probably requires a new version predefined by the compiler).

So I'm not touching it for now.

Lol, what?
Don't misquote the wiki about LDC. If you can run DMD on your architecture, LDC has full support too. The "lacking druntime/phobos support" is about architectures that are _not_ x86, x86_64, ARM, AArch64, PowerPC, MIPS, WebAssembly. DMD supports only a subset of what LDC (and GDC) support.

-Johan