On Saturday, 4 June 2022 at 20:26:54 UTC, Nicolas wrote:
Hi all!

Pleased to meet you. I am currently deep-diving into data analysis and statistics with R and SQL. I got mid-level programming experience, focusing on algorithms and innovation instead of sticking to one programming language.

I only got three questions:

1. Is there any extensive, up-to-date documentation on D? I really like its syntax and potential, so I am going to try and study anything regarding this programming language.

2. What about its integration with data analysis tools? Do you think it could be an alternative to, let's say, Python?

3. What IDE do you recommend when it comes to D?

Thank you all. You're awesome ^-^

Hi there!

1) Phobos documentation is available online. Great book also http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html

2) R integration: https://dlang.org/blog/2020/01/27/d-for-data-science-calling-r-from-d/
Python integration: https://pyd.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
D usage in Data Science example: https://tech.nextroll.com/blog/data/2014/11/17/d-is-for-data-science.html
Stats package: https://github.com/DlangScience/dstats

3) one of the best is “Code-d” LSP server, which could be used from VS Code or Vim/NeoVim

PS there are several Machine Learning libraries: vectorflow from Netflix, grain and rnnlib But all of them are far away from modern libs like TF or PyTorch or OpenAI