On Sunday, 5 June 2022 at 21:08:11 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
Just FYI, this is a *different discussion* from whether Errors should be recoverable.

Ok, but do you a difference between being recoverable anywhere and being recoverable at the exit-point of an execution unit like an Actor/Task?

Whether specific conditions are considered an Error or an Exception is something on which I have differing opinions than the language.

Ok, like null-dereferencing and division-by-zero perhaps.

However, I do NOT have a problem with having an assert/invariant mechanism to help prove my program is correct.

Or rather the opposite, prove that a specific function is incorrect for a specific input configuration.

The question is, if a single function is incorrect for some specific input, why would you do anything more than disabling that function?