On Thursday, 28 July 2022 at 16:17:16 UTC, pascal111 wrote:

My friend, there is a wide deep secret world for hackers. We have no any idea about that world. Look, there is nothing called a 100% fact in our world. Believe me, what we see in software is just what "THEY" want us to see.

I think you have no idea how some processes work.

We have cryptographic digest methods to verify source code and final builds. In theory, someone could inject bad code if nobody would review it properly of course. But especially for compilers such code would be detected soon and no insane person in such projects would just merge code without reviewing it.

That applies for open source - not if you just download a compiled binary from a ftp server in the open web of course :D