On Monday, 8 August 2022 at 14:48:27 UTC, Dom Disc wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2022 at 12:46:48 UTC, bauss wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2022 at 12:02:02 UTC, Dom Disc wrote:

```D
pure @nogc @safe BigInt opAssign(T : BigInt)(T x);
```

This will only be included in the object file if used.

```D
pure @nogc @safe BigInt opAssign(BigInt x);
```

This will always be in the object file.

Ah, ok. But shouldn't the linker throw it out of an executable, if it is not used? I mean, even the most dump linker should be able to do this basic optimization...

I didn't study this level yet in templates, but did you ask about if changing compiler can make a difference to what you desire? I know that there are gdc, ldc and dmd compilers. DMD is the most common one, I think.