Hi team,

I'd like to ask a lazy question:
How easy is to use D compiler frontend without backend?

How complicated would be to write a transpiler, and from which files should you start modifications?

I'm wondering if something like https://typescripttolua.github.io/ could be done, but with d as language.

From my limited knowledge, I should have an AST visitor that transpiles to target language, and some entry point for application which configures D frontend to use my AST visitor to generate code. I've no idea from where to start. If you know some documentation or tutorials, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alexandru.
  • Pure D frontend ... Alexandru Ermicioi via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Pure D ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: Pur... Alexandru Ermicioi via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Pure D ... Johan via Digitalmars-d-learn