On Thursday, 9 February 2023 at 23:51:18 UTC, thebluepandabear wrote:
btw. When a newbie to D raises ideas, suggestions, etc... and you counter them with (in essence) 'we don't need that in D, but go write a dip if you think we do' attitude, is a real turn off.

yeah it seems like the community is closed off for feedback, which is concerning.

Not at all. These things have been discussed to death and decisions have been made. Do you regularly have discussions with the folks in charge of Java, C#, or C++? Do they quickly implement your requested features?

if the language wants to gain more people it needs to evolve

I doubt that this would lead to a large influx of new D programmers. It would more than likely make the language more complex and less desirable, reducing the number of users.