On Sunday, 19 March 2023 at 12:29:19 UTC, Salih Dincer wrote:
It is possible to achieve the convenience you want to achieve in 2 ways. One of them is to use a static member but if not, to use an alias inside the container.

Thanks for the suggested workaround, I can live with the `static` solution, I guess.

I still don't understand why it's necessary, though.
Since a `struct` is a value type and, as I understand it, stack allocated, what difference does it make to the compiler whether I alias `variableWithALongName` or `myStruct.memberWithALongName`?
Shouldn't it be the exact same underlying mechanism?

Thanks and regards
bomat