On Tuesday, 21 March 2023 at 17:46:00 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 05:29:22PM +0000, monkyyy via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
On Tuesday, 21 March 2023 at 17:18:15 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> [...]

I vaguely remember an hour and half for 5 minutes of video when its extremely lightweight and raylib trivially does real-time to display it normally and realistically I wouldn't be surprised if it could do 1000 frames a second.

Coping several gb of data to disk(that probably asking the gpu one pixel at a time) to be compressed down into a dozen mb of video is just... temp shit. I should just do something that isnt stressing hard drives extremely unnecessarily.

You could try to feed the frames to ffmpeg over stdin instead of storing the frames on disk. See this, for example:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45899585/pipe-input-in-to-ffmpeg-stdin

Then you can just feed live data to it in the background while you generate frames in the foreground.

This is how I use pipe process with d and ffmpeg. I am reading video frames but other way may work too.
https://github.com/aferust/oclcv/blob/main/examples/rgb2gray-video/source/app.d