On Tuesday, 18 April 2023 at 06:20:43 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole wrote:
On 18/04/2023 1:33 PM, Salih Dincer wrote:
I understand from the thread this: D gives us -betterC but nothing from the Phobos.  So he says, see what you have, do what the hell you want!

Am I wrong about this?

Nope.

-betterC means you have no runtime or standard library support.

You are very much on your own.

With betterC, some Phobos functionality work. For instance, most of std.range and std.algorithm will work. Problem is that there is no list of those in the docs. If something does GC allocations (std.container) or throws exceptions, it will not work. Based on my experience, -betterC, as its name implies, still provides a good programming experience rather than C.

  • Variable length ... DLearner via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Variabl... user456 via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: Var... Salih Dincer via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • ... Ferhat Kurtulmuş via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Variabl... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn