On Friday, 19 May 2023 at 18:31:45 UTC, Maximilian Naderer wrote:
Hello guys,

So what’s currently the best way to use a big C library?

Let’s assume something like

cglm
assimp
glfw

ImportC doesn’t really work for such huge libraries, I’ll investigate further. Deimos is outdated or there are no bindings. I know that there is a dub package for glfw which works fine. But how would I do something for assimp or cglm. The dub assimp package is quite outdated.

Am I stuck with manually creating interface files either by hand or automation?

I’m hope somebody could give me some insights. Thank you !

Kind regards from Austria
Max

If you aim static linking or static binding then you can give [dstep](https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep) a shot.

Otherwise and if you have the time to then dont forget to report the problems founds
when you have tried ImportC.