On Monday, 24 July 2023 at 13:51:06 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

DMD is the point of all D feature introductions, and so anything that works with LDC should work with DMD.

It's the other way around that might cause trouble, since there may be DMD features which haven't yet made it into LDC.

I understand what you mean, but a key reason to use LDC or GDC is for all the features that DMD does not have.
- support for more platforms
- CPU intrinsics, more extensive inline assembly
- sanitizers, fuzzing
- special function/variable attributes (e.g. @section, @weak, ...)

To the OP's question, I don't think _any_ of the 3 compilers is "future proof". But we'd need a better definition of what OP means with "future proof" to give a better answer.

regards,
  Johan

  • Which D compiler... BoQsc via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Which D... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: Whi... devosalain via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: Whi... cc via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • ... Johan via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... Dennis via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... IchorDev via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Which D... Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-learn