In any case, I expect that the compiler is just going dumb here because of
the label for some reason, and one or more of the checks that it's supposed
to be doing is being missed.

It is very simple code.

A reverse search over the double linked list for the goto from the label.

I looked into it fairly recently as an example of type state analysis D is already designed against.
  • Goto skipping de... Ben Jones via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Goto sk... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: Got... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Goto sk... Ben Jones via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Goto sk... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn