Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Actually, I did have to remove the HTTP status code output from my
> little hello world cgi test in forder for Apache to not throw up a
> 500.

HTTP status is normally done with a Status: header in cgi. (Actually
writing the line works too but only with certain settings.)

writefln("Status: 200 OK"); // note: optional; 200 OK is assumed
writefln("Content-Type: text/plain");
writefln(); // blank line ends headers
writefln("Hello, world!");

---

I just saw this thread, but when I do my cgi apps, I actually
recompile them right on the live server. If that's an option
for you, it's a bit of a pain to set up, but it's less painful
than dealing with Linux's generally retarded library/bits situation.