Yes and no!

On one hand I'm a fervent believer of all things Windows 7! :P

On the other hand my (learning) D project is about writing an installer. Which should just work with no unexpected dependencies! I was telling to myself earlier today too that I should not use this function, just in case! :)

"Nick Sabalausky"  wrote in message news:is770e$1a00$1...@digitalmars.com...

"Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrov...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>From my understanding of this page
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd318136%28v=vs.85%29.aspx :

Lloyd, if the program you're writing is designed to be sold or distributed
to the public then I'd highly recommend against doing anything that requires
at least Vista. From what I've heard, the adoption rates of Vista and Win7
haven't been very good and about half of the Windows systems out there are
still XP and pretty much holding there. A *lot* of Windows users are
deliberately sticking with XP, and you'll be loosing a lot of people.

Of course, if your software is only designed to be used internally by some
company, or just for you own use, etc., then obviously it doesn't matter...