On 06/07/2011 01:47 PM, Fabian wrote:
Dear D Community,
is it reasonable to learn D?
I've found a lot of good points for D but I've found a lot of negative
points too. I believe that I needn't to list all the point for D but I
want to give a few examples against learning D I've read in some German
and English boards:

- The D compiler has only bad code optimization
- There are no maintained GUI libraries
- The development of the compiler is very slow
- Only a small community
=> no real German community

So I ask you - Is it reasonable to learn D?
I'm looking forward to your answers.

Greetings Fabian

PS: If you want to contact me you are allowed to write an Email to me.
contact-...@freemail.de

I think your question is highly subjective. D is still a young language, which I think accounts for all of the negative feedback you've listed.