Hi, all. I'm back! I've got an enormous array that I need to store,
preferably in RAM. (It's iterated a bunch.)
I have 16 Gb on my machine, and at any time, about 12 Gb is free.
I'd like to be able to use about 10 Gb for this program. But when I
try to use more than about 800 Mb, I get "Memory allocation failed."
(I'm using new long[], not malloc(), but I do free() variables
because the garbage collector was having trouble keeping up with
me.) Is there a switch I can mark to say that the runtime might have
to deal with lots of memory?
Incidentally,
Win7 x64, Intel I7 @4.4 GHz, compiling with dmd -O -release -inline.

Thanks,