== Quote from Jonathan M Davis (jmdavisp...@gmx.com)'s article
> On Sunday, October 23, 2011 00:01:42 Sean Silva wrote:
> They're all supposed to be reference types.

What prompted the decision for that? Doesn't that incur an extra heap
allocation for the
containers, and an extra level of indirection? I mean, with value-semantics
like STL
containers, you can use it like a value, e.g. as a local in a function, and
have no overhead,
but if you want to wrap a class around it and have it by reference, then you
can, and it is no
less efficient than if the containers were written that way. But if the
containers are already
by reference, you can't return them to having value semantics without adding
even more
indirection and inefficiency.