On 06-11-2011 21:36, Ellery Newcomer wrote:
On 11/06/2011 01:50 PM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
On 06-11-2011 20:43, Ellery Newcomer wrote:
poking about in elfutils headers, I've come across the following idiom
several times

/* Error values.  */
enum
    {
      DW_TAG_invalid = 0
#define DW_TAG_invalid  DW_TAG_invalid
    };

anyone know if anything strange is going on here that would prevent
trivial conversion to d?

The only thing I can think of is fully-qualified enums. The #define
ensures that you _don't_ have to fully qualify DW_TAG_invalid. But why
they would do this (considering C doesn't have this enum feature), I
don't know.

- Alex

nor c++, right?

Even C++0x requires you to use 'enum class' for this effect. I assume this is to cope with <some random compiler>'s craziness. But I have no idea, really.

- Alex