On 02/26/2012 09:06 PM, Caligo wrote:
Once you have those two files, compile with this:

dmd -unittest t1.d bug.d

and then run t1:

./t1

The output you get should look like this:

[0, 4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 1, 2, 0, 1, 0, 0]

I get:

[0, 4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 1, 2, 0, 1, 0, 0]

Obviously the output is wrong.  'm9' for some reason is getting
overwritten.  In my project this caused big problems because there are
other m# with different values, and their values would literally get
copied to m9.  Calling inverse() on m9 then would fail because the
other matrices are not invertible.  Placing a writeln() in inverse()
helped me realize that what was being passed to inverse() was being
modified somewhere.  I'm still now sure how m9 is being modified.

Another point, compiling with this:

dmd -unittest bug.d t1.d

and then running bug:

./bug

doesn't trigger the bug.

I get:

[4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 1, 2, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1]

Could someone else please confirm this behavior?

I have used DMD 2.058 64-bit linux.