On Friday, 6 April 2012 at 15:28:38 UTC, Paul wrote:
I was reading a wiki about D and it talked about Tango vs. Phobos. I read some items on runtime vs. standard libraries as well. I am bit confused about all of it. Are the standard libraries compiled into every exe and then the runtimes linked as needed? Are they all or nothing entities? In other words if I need a function to I have to include the whole library in my exe? Is Tango the latest and Phobos the original? Which should a new programmer start with? Appreciate your patience(s).

D2 Phobos

Tango is compatible with this configuration, https://github.com/SiegeLord/Tango-D2

Don't worry about the old details of D1.