Dmitry Olshansky:

Yes, definitely just decouple table preparation and searching range itself. It's common to use KMP and its ilk to do a lot of series of searches for the same needle.

OK.

Regarding the license, this is a translation from another language of a basic algorithm. I don't think the original license applies. And if it applies, the author is Eppstein (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Eppstein ) that I know well. For a translation of such small amount of code he will probably accept a Boost re-licensing :-)

Bye,
bearophile