On Monday, 20 August 2012 at 09:10:47 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Monday, August 20, 2012 10:43:43 monarch_dodra wrote:
There is a way to prevent bounds checking of array accesses when
compiling. I was wondering if there was a way to have a user
defined range apply the same scheme? I'd suppose using a
"version"? I'm not very fluent with this yet...

I believe that your only options are assert, debug blocks, and version blocks. There's no way for code to no whether -noboundscheck is used just like there's
no way for code to know whether -release is used.

- Jonathan M Davis

For my personal education, what is the rationale behind not being able to write:
"version(noboundscheck)"
or
"version(release)"
?

Is it purposefully done to force the implementer to provide his own version "word" and "switch"?