I think none of you got the point of equalRecurse, so let me clarify.

equalRecurse should work on any type, not just inputRanges, see my example in the OT with a struct containing an array: currently std.algorithm.equal has isInputRange conditions on the arguments.

So, yes, it can go deep in practice (struct containing an array of struct, etc), unlike nesting ranges where it's not common in practice.

I wouldn't think it's that hard to do, at least for the common cases in practice. Maybe what was confusing is that I wanted it in std.algorithm, but all functions in there operate on ranges, so maybe somewhere else, but I don't see a relevant package. Maybe a new std.algorithm2 for non-ranges?

Also, the OT's firstDifference would go there too, and I have a recursive (to specified level) toStringRecurse that would belong there too.