On 2013-05-24, 15:26, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:

Hello all,

Are there any recommended strategies for passing large or complex data
structures (particularly reference types) to threads?

For the purpose of this discussion we can assume that it's read-only data, so if we're talking about just an array (albeit perhaps a large one) I guess just passing an .idup copy would be best. However, the practical situation I have is
a data structure of the form,

        Tuple!(size_t, size_t)[][]

... which I _could_ .idup, but it's a little bit of a hassle to do so, so I'm
wondering if there are alternative ways or suggestions.

First, *is* it read-only? If so, store it as immutable and enjoy free
sharing. If not, how and why not?

--
Simen