On 2013-12-21 15:51, Russel Winder wrote:
I just created a new vibe.d project using dub, all fine. Well once I had
solved the libevent problem. Then, as the project is to be a GUI client,
I added a gtk-d dependency.  I tried building the empty project and the
binary comes out at 42MB. Not only that there are two copies of it one
in . and one in ./.dub/build. I was gobsmacked, this isn't Go, there
should be dynamic linking by default.  Is this something I have missed?

There ought to be a clean target for dub as well as a build and run
target for dub, or have I missed something?

I don't know if this is the issue in this case but Dub build everything at once. The correct solution in this case would be to build GtkD separate from the application. This is planed in a future release of Dub, hopefully the next release.

Have a look at this thread: http://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/groups/rejectedsoftware.dub/thread/652/

--
/Jacob Carlborg