On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 02:48:51 -0000, Jesse Phillips <jesse.k.phillip...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday, 13 February 2014 at 14:30:41 UTC, Regan Heath wrote:
Don't get me wrong, counting the elements as you iterate over them is useful, but it isn't the index into the range you're likely after.

Nope, not what I am after. If I was, I'd iterate over the original range instead or keep a line count manually.

Maybe a better way to phrase this is, while counting may be what you're implementation needs, it is not immediately obvious what 'i' should be. Someone who desires an index into the original array will expect 'i' to be that; even though it can be explained that .take() is not the same range as the original.

Thus it is better to be explicit with the .enumerate function.

FWIW I disagree. I think it's immediately and intuitively obvious what 'i' should be when you're foreaching over X items taken from another range, even if you do not know take returns another range. Compare it to calling a function on a range and foreaching on the result, you would intuitively and immediately expect 'i' to relate to the result, not the input.