I know the difference between a struct and a class but I remember seeing somewhere that structs are much faster than classes in D for some strange reason.

I'm not worried too much about class allocation performance because I will try and use classes when they will not be created frequently and structs or class reuse when they will be.

So, is the only argument really about performance when creating structs vs creating classes or was there some finer detail I missed?

Basically that boils down to stack allocation vs heap allocation speed? Which, while allocation on the heap shouldn't be too much slower than stack, the GC makes it worse?