On Sunday, 27 April 2014 at 02:06:14 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

I don't know whether the inconsistency is a bug but according to documentation, static this inside a module are executed in lexical order: "Static constructors within a module are executed in the lexical order in which they appear."

  http://dlang.org/class.html#StaticConstructor

So, if B depends on A then A's static this must appear before B's.

Ali

Arghh i hate when i make a mistake because i missed something on the docs, mainly when i actually read them. Thanks Ali.

Although, yeah, it would be nice if the compiler emitted some kind of warning pointing this (if it's at all possible). What got me confused was indeed the disparity of results from changing small things.

Cheers,