On Sunday, 11 May 2014 at 04:33:24 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 05/10/2014 07:12 PM, Moses wrote:
After using the 1-click Ubuntu installer, I'm having trouble figuring out how to import standard library functions for Phobos. I get the message:

Error: module io is in file 'std/std/io.d' which cannot be read

Judging from the repeated stds up there I think you put a dot before io:

import std.std.io;  // <-- WRONG

The second dot should not be there. Do this instead:

import std.stdio;  // <-- correct

Ali

Thanks, I also found that I need to include the flag -I/usr/include/dmd/phobos to get it to compile. I tried doing:

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/include/dmd/phobos

but apparently I still need the -I flag. Is there another way to get around this?