On Monday, 12 May 2014 at 23:11:57 UTC, Robert Schadek via
Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
Chris
please help to make this happen
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2072

I'm not sure what you are asking for. Would you like me to tryout getoptEx?
yes please test it

Okay, I replaced the std.getopt that came with dmd with your
version.  My code compiles, but of course it doesn't link
against the old libphobos.so.  I'm a complete newbe to D and
am not ready to build a new version of libphobos.so, that's
for the library maintainers to do, which is not a job I'm ready
to sign up for yet.  Right now I'm just trying to get my own
project done, and so far D's standard library is being a HUGE
impediment.  It's like programming against bare glibc all over
again when I hoped it would be a little more like the Python
standard libary.

Just being a random developer my opinon isn't that important
but, for what it's worth, I think an expanded option handling
feature should be implemented in a separate module.  That way
users can try it out without affecting their existing libphobos.

I like your enthusiasm.  If you have any modules that don't
require me to rebuild libphobos, I'll be happy to give them a
whirl.  Thank's for responding to my inquiry.

--
Chris