On 12/05/14 20:58, Francesco Cattoglio wrote:

Error messages!
If your code is not compiled, you can't know whether it is valid or not.

I must say that since we have unittests, this is somewhat less relevant,
but still...
One nice thing would be stripping the executable of unneeded code.
One trick I've seen done in a program which compiled some scripts to an
intermediate language was zeroing the parts which are unused, then use
some executable compressor.

I had an issue with a module in Tango back in the D1 days. It was a templated class that worked with "char", but when I instantiated it with "wchar" it didn't compile.

--
/Jacob Carlborg